If any of these sound familiar, we should talk.
- “It’s just not enough to be a good lawyer anymore. There’s so much competition.”
- “I want to do more of the work I want to do, not what I feel like I have to do.”
- “I want to do more marketing, but I’m not sure where to begin.”
- “I know there’s potential for this idea/practice/industry niche, but I don’t know how to get it started.”
As a legal professional, you face a market that has shifted dramatically; you are now expected to market, develop business and do a lot more than practice law. We understand your stress, and we want to help. We are excited to introduce Cultivate.Legal, a year-long program that provides attorneys with sales coaching, marketing support and a strategic focus on practice development.
What is Cultivate.Legal?
In short, the purpose of Cultivate.Legal is to help attorneys achieve long-term, sustainable growth by fostering the right relationships and building the right reputations in a facilitated peer-to-peer learning environment.
- Cultivate.Legal runs for one year. We are accepting applications for the inaugural session, scheduled to run August 2017 through July 2018.
- Every month, members meet as a group for a session of instructional programming, followed by group discussion.
- Every month, participants also receive one hour of coaching. This hour-long session focuses on individual needs, planning and execution.
- The session is limited to 12 attorneys. Participants receive practice group exclusivity (i.e., one real estate attorney, one employment attorney, et cetera) to limit competition and encourage referrals.
- Develop a vision for their practice (and a comprehensive business development plan to get there)
- Assess their current client rosters, pipelines and marketing activity
- Refine and roll out their personal brands
- Learn how to generate more referrals
- Improve their cross-selling approach (and ability to be cross-sold)
- Strengthen their skills in the sales process, from introductions to follow-up to closing
- Understand the client perspective and key techniques for client feedback and retention
- Create proposals and pitches that win
- Create marketing communications that deliver
Who Is It For?
This program is designed for law firm partners who want to grow their individual books, their practice groups, their industry teams or their offices. They have the ability and bandwidth to implement new ideas at their firms, and they are able to commit to attending at least nine of 12 group sessions and meeting once a month with their coaches, both in Kansas City.
Cultivate.Legal is a collaboration between two experts in professional services marketing. Together, we have a mastery of the “air war” of marketing communications and the “ground war” of business development, and we are driven to help attorneys win.
Breandan Filbert is the managing partner of SalezWORKS, and she is passionate about building business. With more than 18 years of experience as a sales person, director, coach and trainer, Breandan’s expertise in sales training, mentoring, planning and strategy has generated more than $135 million in new business for clients across a range of industries. An accomplished sales professional with an outstanding track record, she works with lawyers and other professionals to leverage the power of sales referrals to grow their businesses.
Katherine (Katie) Hollar Barnard is the CEO of Firesign, which helps attorneys attract, win and retain business. She draws upon more than 10 years of experience at two of the nation’s largest law firms to build legal brands that connect and business plans that deliver. She has earned industry recognition for branding, practice development, websites, internal programs and other tactics; in 2017, BTI Consulting named her team as one “other firms don’t want to pitch against.”
Would you like to apply? Would you like more information? Contact us today.